Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Pictures...
























I took the 1st picture to represent analogous color. Numbers 1 and 3 are next to each other on the conventional color wheel. Yellow (1) and Yellow-Green (3). Gabriel Orozco's supermarket experience inspired me to take this picture.


After watching Jessica Stockholder's PBS documentary I was inspired to experiment with hangers. This is a picture of two hangers I untwisted then twisted back to form a woman looking down at a baby in her arms.

After playing with my two year old son, I was putting his toys away and realized how pretty all the shapes and colors were when they were all together. The blue car in the middle stands out to me as the main bold color and the rest of the toy's colors are multi color highlights to the bold blue. I placed them close to each other to form a playful collage.


I took the 4th picture because it was interesting to look at while waiting at a red light. ( I was a passenger) The tree tops look as if they are touching the sky. The color of the sky is so bright against the dark trees.


I took the 5th picture because it reminded me of security. Security as in "feeling secure and safe". The leaves are wrapped around the steel pole holding on to it. If the leaves were to be on the ground they would turn brown and die like the grass you see in the background. Being securely wrapped around the pole, the leaves are alive and blossoming.


































No comments:

Post a Comment