Thursday, October 6, 2011

My Art Work



1. My first picture was kind of interesting to me because I put it together from objects that were on my backyard. I noticed the bucket of popcorn  that was empty and then saw a bag full of coca-cola cans. It's interesting to me because some people call a coca-cola "pop" or "soda pop", and that's the first word on the bucket, which is "pop". I called this piece of art "Pop Coke" instead of Pop Corn, and to me the cans are emphasizing space on the bucket of popcorn instead of being your ordinary popcorn in it.

2. I saw this beautiful art piece that caught me attention at a furniture store. It consists of forks and spoons, that were put across from each other.To me the forks and spoons are creating lines in a form of an X. Also the space between the forks and spoons represent the negative space between them, because they are empty spaces that acquire a sense of volume and form by means of the outline or frame that surrounds them.

3. The third and last picture is basically an orange bucket filled with white towels. The towels are representing the space taken up inside the bucket, making the bucket look full, but with towels.       

No comments:

Post a Comment