Thursday, September 22, 2011

Seeing Art Diffrently


So far I've learned the three different ways on how to refer to and find the meaning of  and art work. They are Representational, Abstract , and Non-representational Art. There are two out of the three that has caught my attention and those are Abstract and Non-representational art. For example on the first picture it represents an Abstract work of art and what's interesting to me is that it looks like something that you'll not see in real life. The painting is representing a jack-in-the-pulpit plant, painted by Georgia O’Keeffe. It doesn't look like no ordinary plan, due to the different color effects she has use on the painting. Most jack-in-the-pulpit plants that i have seen are green, but this one looks like a plant that I've seen in a science-fiction movie, for instance Avatar. Another way that caught my attention was non-representational art. Just like in the the second painting, it is difficult to describe what it actually is because it doesn't resemble any object in the natural world at all. However the different colors and the form of the painting almost has a resemblance to what's inside a ball of marble. I like this non-representable painting because it takes me back when i use to collect and play with marble balls when i was a child. I loved how they all had different colors inside them just like in this painting by Tom McNease.

No comments:

Post a Comment