Friday, September 23, 2011

homework

I chose to do a research on Frida Kahlo. Born July 6, 1907, she was a great artist without the right recognition. After learning about her work in the fifth grade I knew that it would be work that I would never forget. Her work to me was ahead of it's time. All her work told a story especially the suicide of dorothy hale. There was a woman in 1938 that jumped from a window to her death, and Frida Kahlo painted a picture of the story. Her work made you feel as though you were there even if you never heard the story. Frida Kahlo had many triumphs in her life that left her damaged and sad, but she continued to create life (art) until her death. If I could describe all of her work with one word I would call all of it "Life". She could paint pictures that makes me want to read a story or create my own story about it. I love art and I love to view the art work of women years ago. I think it's amazing that these women were bold enough although they lived in a world where men were ranked the highest.

No comments:

Post a Comment