Thursday, September 22, 2011

Art Appreciation

Last week in class, we learned about different art that was broken down into three catagories; abstract, non-representational and realistic. All of these catagories can let the viewer in on what the artist was feeling, thinking or saying while he/she was creating their work. Titles help the viewer understand better what the artist is trying to say but even if there is a title, people still like to let their imaginations run free and try to guess what the artist is saying. This class has helped me better understand what art is. To me, (like I said in the last blog) I think art is whatever one thinks it is. It's kind of a way to relax and let your mind wonder into a different world that you've never been in. I believe artists have the viewers in mind when they are creating their drawings, paitings, sculptures, pictures or whatever else they may be using because art fans use the artist's work to escape from life's everyday stress and worries and allows the viewer to imagine themselves somewhere far away where there is no such thing as debt, bills or money. Art can also be a source of therapy for some people because it does help relax people and get their minds off of the real world. I'm beginning to have a greater appreciation for art because of this reason, even if my reason is wrong. I can see myself going into an art gallery and completely losing track of time to allow myself to get lost in an artist's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment