Friday, September 16, 2011

Modern Art

I was aware of Picasso’s greatness, but after viewing the video Modern Art I have now learned about Pollock and Warhol; two interesting artists. Picasso, Pollock, and Warhol have opened my mind to new ideas and how modernization of art has changed our interpretation of art over time. Focusing on Picasso, I use to only think of him as an artist whom painted woman and distorted the eyes. I didn’t really think much other than the fact that he is a famous Artist. All my thoughts have completely changed. He was a starting point to the type of art that I am more common with, not from nature but from the Artists mind. He allows the viewer to enter the mind of the painter, and this is the art that we, I believe, are more common with. We want to break the puzzle and try to understand what the artist was thinking when creating the piece. Modern Art by Matthew Collings gave me a better idea of how artists have changed our taste for Art. It has changed in a way that I ask myself, “Is this really art?”. But from what I have learned, is that not all art is understandable through just viewing but actually trying to fully engage with the art work and try to find a reason of why it is considered art.

No comments:

Post a Comment